Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Channing Tatum Confirmed For Future ‘Xmen’ Role As Remy LeBeau (Gambit)


Do we finally have confirmation that Channing Tatum will sling cards as Gambit in an upcoming “X-Men” movie? It looks like it.



After months of “maybe’s” and “could be’s,” “X-Men” producer Lauren Shuler Donner told Total Film that, yes, Tatum will be Remy LeBeau a.k.a. Gambit, the fan-favorite mutant with total control of energy.



“He’s a rogue. Channing, he’s a rascal, just like Remy LeBeau,” Donner said. “And he can handle the action. We all know that. And he’s got a really good heart.”

At the 2014 MTV Movie Awards last month, Tatum told MTV News that he “would die” to play Gambit, and it looks like he’s getting his wish.

“I met with Lauren Shuler Donner. I would love [to]. Gambit’s really the only X-Men that I’ve ever loved. I love them all. They’re all great. I don’t know,” he said. “I guess being from down south… I just related to him. He’s the most un-X-Men X-Men that’s ever been in X-Men, other than maybe Wolverine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment