Sunday, July 14, 2013

Miss Nigeria 2013 Winner Ezinne Akudo Narrates How Her Mother Dreamt About The Victory



Ezinne Akudo Anyaoha emerged as Miss Nigeria, 2013, last Saturday, in a keen contest held at the Intercontinental Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos. The 23 year old beauty instantly became a proud owner of a brand new Toyota Camry car, N3million, a luxury apartment for one year and also a trip to California, courtesy of Mud Cosmetics.

Akudo had her nursery and primary education at Straight Childhood Learning & Development Center, Owerri, Imo State and attended Federal Government Girls College (FGGC) Owerri, before being admitted into Abia State University, where she graduated as a Law Student.

Two days after her victory, the new Queen spoke with The Entertainer about her journey to the Miss Nigeria crown, growing up, her family and her pet project among other interesting issues.

Excerpts:

How do you feel being Miss Nigeria?

It’s very wonderful; a very good feeling, something everybody should experience.

When you were announced winner, how did you feel?

I was just happy. I was thinking about my mum and wondering what she was doing where she was sited because she came for the event. I was just thinking about her and imagining what she was doing when I was announced winner.

Who talked you into the contest?

Nobody, I just decided to give it a try.

Did you read about it in the papers?

I have a friend who contested in 2011 so I just said I was going to give it a shot. I just wanted to have fun. I never knew I could win.

How was life in the camp with the other contestants?

It was fun. At a point it got tough but it was fun. Relating with 35 other girls from different backgrounds, cultures and ideologies was a lot of fun. I learnt a lot from the camp. I learnt to be humble; I learnt to be friends with everyone. It was fun.

Where you a model?

Yes I was a model.

A runway model?

I did Zaron, Wedding Planner Magazine and did stuff for various fashion designers but I was never a runway model. It was just photography. I also did Airtel advert but it’s not yet out.

Where did you school and how was life as a student?

I was known for being a giver, always sowing seeds in people’s lives; that was what people knew me for in school. I attended Abia state University (ABSU).

As Miss Nigeria, have you any pet project on mind?

Yes I do. I want to have a platform to speak up for victims of rape and sexual violence; it’s all about women and the challenges we face.

Why rape, were you a victim?

Not personally but my very close friend was raped last year. She came back and told us how it happened. Everything was very destabilizing and I saw her go through it all. It happens every day in the world but it’s amazing that people are afraid and shy to share their ordeals because they don’t want to be stigmatised! I just want to use the platform to assist victims by counseling them and helping them get legal advice.

How was growing up for you?

It was normal. I am the second child. I have an elder sister and an only brother. We are three girls and a boy. We are a family of six my mum and dad inclusive. I grew up in Owerri. My parents live there. My mum is a principal while my dad is a director at the Ministry of Commerce & Industry

How did they feel when you told them you are going for the contest?

I actually didn’t tell them until my mum got to know about it. She just called me up and said she had a dream that I won a competition. She asked if was going for any. I knew it was time to confess so I said yes. She got involved because she had a dream even before I told her about it. She started praying and got our pastors involved.

What kind of cloths do you like to wear?

I’m very slim so I’m very particular about the things I wear. I like fitted knee length gowns. I’m not a fan of short dresses. I like jeans too.

What dress sense do we expect from you now?

Anything that could pass a queen’s message, I wouldn’t change now. I have always liked decent clothing even before now and that wouldn’t change; I will continue like that.

What about your relationship with your friends?

It is going to be normal, nothing will change. Maybe, I am going to get busy but I know everybody will understand. It’s an expected change and it’s for a good purpose.

Who is Akudo?

I’m a very real person. I am also very exciting as well. Being with me is fun because I feel that life is too short to be anything but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment